INFORMATION WE COLLECT
VPN-accounts.com does not collect or log any traffic or use of its Virtual Private Network service.
You do not have to give us any personally identifiable (“personal”) information to browse our Site, but to subscribe to our Services you must create an account and register with us. In general, we collect the following limited information from users and only use it in order to process payments:
Account Information. To create an account, you may need to provide certain personal information, such as your first name and e-mail. You will also need to provide us with payment information. The type of information collected may vary depending on payment method chosen. We will only use this information to collect and process payments for you. Once you have created an account, billing and subscription information can be accessed and modified by you at any time.
Site Visitors. We collect certain information automatically from visitors to our Site, such as IP (Internet protocol) address and pages viewed on our Site. We do not track user activities outside of our Site, nor do we track the browsing activities of users who are logged into our VPN service.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent personal information to others.
The information we collect through our Site and Services is primarily used to create new accounts, collect payment for our Services, identify and communicate with current subscribers, or offer troubleshooting or customer support. We may also use personal information for the following reasons:
- To verify your identity when you login to the Site or Service;
- For internal record keeping;
- To complete your online order;
- To administer and improve our Site and Services;
- To target our Site content to your preferences;
- To respond to your requests or inquires and for other customer service purposes;
- So that we may periodically send you promotional information that we think may interest you, about products, services, and offers made available by us, our affiliates or our marketing partners; and
- To analyze usage and trends on our Site and to better understand how users use the Site and Services.
- Service Providers. With third party service providers who provide services on our behalf, such as processing payments, hosting our Site, and sending email messages for us. Our service providers receive only the information they need to perform their designated functions, and are not permitted to use or disclose this information for their own marketing or other purposes;
- However, we do not share your personal information with any third parties for their own marketing, advertising or research purposes.
This section describes the information we collect about visitors to our Site. As noted above,
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. There are two types of cookies: session-based and persistent-based cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session; we use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you while you are logged in to your account at the Site. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Site visitors who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site but certain Site features will not function.
Clear GIFs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs). We or the third parties we engage may employ clear GIFs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs) to help us better manage content on the Site by among other things, tracking the activities of our Site visitors and compiling statistics about Site usage. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages or within emails.
SECURITY MEASURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
We use security measures that are consistent with industry standards to protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse or unauthorized access or disclosure or destruction. All employees are kept up-to-date on our security and privacy practices. In addition, access to user or subscriber personal information is restricted to those who need to know such information to perform their job functions.
Where appropriate, we use encryption, access controls, passwords, and/or physical security measures to protect the personal information we collect and maintain about you against unauthorized access and disclosure. Despite our efforts, no data security methods guarantee 100% protection. We do not promise and cannot guarantee that your personal information can never be viewed and/or used by others.