VPNs and Samsung Tablets using Android!
The current generation of Samsung tablets offer some fantastic features, and, of course, one of these is a VPN client. As one of the more popular tablets around, the Samsung line rivals the iPad in many respects and can be used to surf the Net, watch movies and television shows, and chat with friends. Tablets are a favorite of travelers because they are so portable, so we’re going to take a look at some of the Samsung tablets and their VPN capability in this article.
The Popular Android Platform
All of Samsung’s tablets feature the Android operating system. Android has surpassed the iOS in popularity and the number of Android users is on the rise. Smartphone and tablet users appreciate the functionality of Android and the ease of use. In addition, the newly-revamped Google Play Store has tons of apps, movies, books, and games that can be downloaded on the cheap…many are even free. If you are looking for all-around performance then an Android is for you.
We’re talking about VPN’s here, so it’s worth mentioning that the Android OS comes with a built-in VPN client that will allow you to configure a VPN without any hassle at all. In other words you don’t need to browse the Play Store for an app to use a VPN on your Samsung tablet.
Setting up a VPN account on your Samsung Tablet
Configuring a VPN on your Samsung tablet is pretty much the same regardless of which model you own, so we’ll provide a few basic instructions before talking about the various models Samsung has to offer. Here’s the simple process:
- Tap the app drawer icon on the home screen.
- From the displayed icons tap SETTINGS.
- On the open SETTINGS window, make sure Wi-Fi is enabled for your tablet.
- In the left pane tap MORE SETTINGS. A new window will appear on the right.
- From the right pane tap VPN. A window will open.
- In the open window tap ADD VPN NETWORK. A box will open.
- Populate the fields in the open box with the credentials supplied by VPN-accounts.com.
- You are now able to connect to your VPN.
Most Popular Samsung Tablets
All of Samsung’s tablets are marketed under the Galaxy brand, but there are a few different varieties (as of Jan 2014):
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab. This is the mothership of the Samsung tablet fleet. It has undergone several versions and each new model is better than the last. The current model is the Galaxy Tab 3 and it is designed for those who want the basic advantages of a tablet.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note. The Galaxy Note is for those who want to take their tablet to the next level. The display on the 2014 Galaxy Note has over 4 million pixels, 2 million more than HDTV. It also includes a virtual Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound. As you can see, the Galaxy Note is geared toward those who like to watch movies or listen to music on their tablet. It’s pricy—the new 2014 model will set you back about $600.
- The Samsung Galaxy Tab Kids. Okay, we just love this one. If you have kids, you know how often they try to commandeer your tablet. The Samsung Galaxy Tab Kids offers much of the same functionality as a regular Samsung tablet with a few kid-friendly modifications. The housing on the tablet is designed to prevent damage if the tablet is dropped. The home screen and apps are enlarged for better access. If your kid has ever accidentally broken your $600 tablet, you might want to think about getting them one of these.
Why You Need a VPN For Your Samsung Tablet
Purchasing a VPN and configuring your tablet to use it is one of the most important things you can do after buying your device. The reason VPN’s are so important when it comes to tablets is summed up in one word—portability.
Think about it. Where do you use your tablet most often? You probably use it at home, but we’ll wager that, like most users, you’re mostly using your tablet when you travel. That means you are connecting to a lot of unsecured public Wi-Fi, and that can spell big trouble. VPN’s are more important for tablets because you’re usually using them on an untrusted connection.
Many expats working abroad use tablets for work and for play. Without a VPN connection they will encounter censorship and restriction of Internet content in many areas. It would be a shame to have those fine graphics and sound we mentioned earlier and not be able to access your Netflix abroad.
We also talked about the price of a Samsung tablet, and let’s face it: tablets are a sizable investment. It’s smart to protect your investment from all of the harmful things that can be transmitted across public networks by using a VPN.
3 Steps to use VPN
Sign upBuy an affordable VPN account.
ConnectConfigure the VPN on your device.
Enjoy VPNEnjoy the benefits of a VPN today.
Get a VPN Account
Connect & Enjoy: Internet Freedom, Privacy & security. Purchase your VPN today!